Project 9 Portfolio

Portfolio ( 

Project Corrections / Time spent:  I spent about 15 minutes editing my brochure: I updated some of the body copy to better reach my audience and fix the sizing on the back flap. I spent about 10 minutes changing my letterhead and business card by adding some more dots on the business card, trying to place them correctly, adding a website to the business card and enlarging the logo on the letterhead. I spent 10 minutes working on my montage by blending the picture of Christ more, messing with the text and the size, and made sure there were no widows. I even made my image of Christ slightly larger and moved him closer to the center. I spent 15 minutes updating my web page- I made sure my CSS validated (since I got marked down for that in I-Learn) and tried to include a more generic font. I spent another 15 minutes updating my photodesign. I added some veins to the leaves that are also my color swatches. It was a really intricate fix. I spent about 25 minutes on my flier. Since this was my first project, I think I made the most fixes on this one. I pretty much reorganized the whole thing and gave more contrast to my date/time/place information. I made my body copy smaller and tried better to really group my negative space. I tried to get more alignment and keep everything away from the edges. I spent another 25 minutes on my logos. I tried to focus more on the company name and added more negative space. I also tried to vary the fonts a little more. The last 15 minutes I spent on my Event Ad. I changed the font a little, and made ‘for’ in lowercase letters. Then from there it was pretty much grouping everything better until my flow was nicer. Those are the two hours I spent on project corrections.
Message: I have grown significantly as a designer.
Audience: Employers
Top Thing Learned: Everyone will have a different response to your portfolio. You just have to make it reflect you.
Future application of Visual Media: Making anything like a flier or brochure, or some kind of “raising awareness” document for any company or private business.
Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic dark brown
Title Font Name & Category: Beyond the Mountains – Script
Copy Font Name & Category: Teen- Sans Serif
Thumbnails of Images used: background textureprojectpaper

Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):

rough old grungy wooden background texture


P8- Brochure

P8AshleyStewart-Front Front

P8AshleyStewart- Inside InsideScreen Shot 2016-07-08 at 6.15.03 PM(Inside flap)

P8AshleyStewart- BackBack

Here is my description of my brochure. Enjoy!

  1. Description: Project 8 Brochure- creating a brochure for a company (real or made up)
  2. Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I drew out what I wanted on a piece of copy paper and organized how I wanted the images to look. Then I went searching for images and found a color scheme that stuck through all of them. I made sure that all the images I chose had people in them to connect with my audience. I created a logo and brought all those colors together. Then I really messed with the design, shifting images and body copy around, even adding images or taking away body copy.  I tried to figure out the printing. That was pretty difficult.
  3. Message: The AdventureTeam is something you want to join because it is family friendlly, and is really all about learning.
  4. Audience: Those interested in travelling the world
  5. Top Thing Learned: The top thing I learned was probably the rulers that can be dragged out (I didn’t know about these) and how to work with printing when you have a unique design.
  6. Color scheme and color names: tetradic: red, green, yellow, purple
  7. Title Font Name & Category: Script font= brush script, “Beyond the Mountains”
  8. Copy Font Name & Category: Body copy font: Lane, sans serif
  9. Word Count of copy: 263
  10. Thumbnails of Images used:pexels.beach pexels.hikepexels.waterfallunsplash.treesunsplash.girlunsplash.stars
  11. Sources (Links to images on original websites)